donderdag 16 juni 2011

Staithes in Fog


I did receive a bunch of wonderful pictures from my scottish friend Robert Graham.
He did spend a short holiday in this fishing village Staithes were so many artist have been!
David Curtis can fill a new book with his Staithes paintings alone!
If I think on England it is misty, and a bit wet, but to make that from a reasonable sunny picture, your imagination have to make alterations in what is really there!
Always the hard part in painting that is!

First wash and simple drawing!
Two colours Raw Sienna and Ultramarine Blue (Daler Rowney)
The blue bits are Schmincke masking fluid!
Comes in sort of a drawing pencil. >>look for it here if you like!

 

Second wash, same colours, only a bit stronger!



Finishing the painting, a sponge here and there!
Before the third wash I removed all masking fluid!

Staithes_foggy

Some bits of the masking fluid are a pain in the ***
But some are on the right spot!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen

my palette and colours

I receive a lot of questions about my colours. I don't have a lot of colours, for landscape art your palette can be taken down to earth ...